Monday, 28 March 2011

6.What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

This piece of equipment is the LG computer with Samsung monitor which I used to construct my magazine on. Out of lesson time I did use my Compaq laptop to continue my work, but most of my overall creation and research was done on this computer.


I used as well this HP scanner to transfer any sketched work of my magazine for evidence of drafting.



I went and used this Vivitar 4 megapixel camera to take all my photos for my magazine.


I also used the microsoft office program 'Microsoft Publisher' to create and design my magazine front cover, contents page and double page spread.


For my preliminary task I set about using microsoft 'Powerpoint' to present all the steps in which I took.



I used the 'Digital Image Suite 2006' by microsoft to cut and alter some of the images I planned on using in my magazine.



For the evaluation I set about creating myself a blog on 'Blogger' so that I could post all my findings and research on, as well as my final pieces of work and the evaluation.




I also created a profile of 'Slideshare' in order to upload the research and development from my Preliminary task to the internet and linked it to my blog on 'Blogger'.




Therefore, I feel that I've learnt alot about the technology and programs needed to complete this project. Before starting this project I'd never really used Publisher in depth, but now I can have the knowledge to use most of the tools there to craft and design a magazine cover as well as other things. I'd never before used Digital Image Suite 2006 or Blogger either, but now I know how to cut out images and create a blog. Overall I can know say that I can with confidence used and work all of these programs and applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment